Monday, December 8, 2008

Social Issue

My social issue is suicide. I am completely against suicide unless there is an honorable reason behind it. It affects me in the thought that I once had suicidal tendencies. I used to self mutilate, and injure myself. I know people who have made attempts at it, and people who have had friends or loved ones commit suicide, so its one that I feel has a big impact on our emotions.

I chose my statement because I have heard that millions of times over the years, “No one said life would be easy.” Every time I hear that, I respond with,” No one said it should be hard.” In time, I have realized that there is no way out, so there is one way out, or you can deal with the issues at hand and hope for the best. I didn’t want to use my other ideas for my picture, because they would really stir up emotion and it would be hard to put them together, so I just went the easy way. I think this picture is very strong, and enhances the effect of the words.

No comments: