This is my portfolio for Ms. Cook’s Digital Photography class. I didn’t originally choose to take this class, but as time passed, I realized it could be good for me. I have always loved taking pictures of random things and now, after taking a semester of this class, I know ways to make my pictures better in multiple ways. I am very proud of my work, some of it may not be super special, but it still means a lot to me. Ms. Cook taught the class a variety of, compositional tricks, Photoshop tools, and photo taking skills.
In the course of one semester, I have learned how to improve my photos, and photos in general. I learned how to utilize Photoshop, to improve the quality of my pictures, and to make them more interesting. The rule of thirds, macro, leading lines, extreme angles, and cropping were all things that I had never heard of. These methods of photography, by themselves, make pictures exceptionally more involved.
I struggled with the Haunted Chavez picture. I wasn’t quite sure what was wanted, and I didn’t like the fact there was only so little we could do. I felt as though I was being held back, and it was depressing me. I came up with some great ideas, but wasn’t allowed to use them. We were only supposed to use the school. I could have adjusted to the situation, but I wanted to be more creative. So I gave the picture a whole new meaning from what was expected.
The thing I did the best with was the self portraits section of my portfolio. My class partner and I went downtown to get some atmosphere into out photos, and we did. It was great. Mistie took a picture of me standing in front of a flag; I just stood there, looking straight ahead with my arms crossed. I love that picture, especially the things I did to it in Photoshop. I added some color effect, with stars, and all that jazz. It’s intense.
In the next semester of Digital Photography class, I think I will try harder to bring more life to my artwork. I want to unleash more creativity than I did this semester, because I feel like I held myself back from some things. Usually I go to the extent of doing some things that most people would be embarrassed to do, well, I didn’t do too much of that. Next year, I am going to be bizarre with my photos.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a look at my blog, I do appreciate it. Please leave comments and let me know what you think, and maybe give a critique of my work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brandon, this has been my observation, while you were hesitant to begin this class, you jumped in with both feet. You worked very hard, and I always enjoyed what you came up with. I feel like this second term, maybe around Haunted Chavez either you got frustrated, or bored, or distracted, nonetheless, your consistant effort noticiably dropped. I don't know if you are still planning on transferring out, or if you are planning on sticking through another semester, but what I know is, I would love to see Brandon in his full colors again. You and your partner work really well together, and when you put your full effort into it, you always impress.
Post a Comment