Friday, September 5, 2008

Compositional trick #1: Rule of Thirds




The rule of thrids is a tool photographers use to improve their pictures. It is a grid, like that of tic-tac-toe, and you use it to set the emphasis of your image in a new, more intriguing place. Basially you place the emphasis in a corner,but sometimes that can be boring. In this picture, i used the staircase that Lionel, Eva(Midge), and i built. I placed it in the lower right hand quartile of the image. I appreciate how this turned out with the curtains in the background and lighting.

2 comments:

Mistie said...

Hey, I really like your texture picture. It really captures all the pebbles in the wall. The only thing I wish was different was the green to be brighter. But it still looks good.

Anonymous said...

I like this picture. STAIRS!!!! Hahaha.
I don't like how it's blurry, but it still is intense