Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fianl Artist Statement

All that you will find in this portfolio is everything that I have done in Ms. Cook’s digital photography class in the school year of 2008-2009. All of my projects and sample of new things I learned during this year are contained in this one convenient website.

I would have to say that my overall favorite experience from this class is the surreal project. Aside from that, my teacher, Ms. Cook, was one of the most awesome teacher/ instructors I ever had the opportunity of working with; and my good friend Mistie, who I was partnered with for the first semester of class.

In this last year of my high school career in this class, I learned all about Photoshop activities and everything from adding text to a picture, to blending options and overlays. All my knowledge with cameras, before I entered this class could not compare to what I know now.

The thing that I was most successful with was my surreal project. With this project I feel that I really expressed something about me and my life. Using dream like meanings from my dreams, I utilized them to make a great photograph. This was the first time that everyone in my class had something good to say about it, and Ms. Cook only had way I could improve the whole thing.

The thing I had most trouble with was the Photoshop tools. There are so many different things to do, how to use them, and…blah. So I need to improve my knowledge on Photoshop skills.

Most of my influence is based upon my mood and who I am. Sometimes I am an angry person, and depressed or whatever. Other times I am at peace with the world, and I am perfectly content with life. It just depends on what is going on.

I mainly improved, over the course of a school year, in my photography skills. I generally know what to look for, and how to look at things for the opportunity of a great picture. Usually I try to find the most natural look I can. I don’t really care for adding a bunch of stuff into a scene, unless it’s the type of photography I am going for.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Brandon, I am glad that you not only stuck out my class- I am truly glad you enjoyed it! (I knew you would) Your artwork has definetly improved over the course of the year. Your ability to express yourself is one of my favorite things about your work. I have really enjoyed having you in class. Good luck with everything, and remember: People are like paper dolls. Paper dolls and people have very similar shapes.